Farsley Farfield Food and Cooking Blog

Learning to cook healthy and seasonal food

6W Group 3

Thursday 12th February | 5 comments
1

5 responses to “6W Group 3”

1. Georgia says:

Yeast is important because it makes the bread rise by eating the sugar and burping it out. To allow this to happen you need to knead the bread so it wakes the good microbe up (yeast is a good microbe)

Gluten is also because it forms a network and stops the carbon dioxide from escaping. This helps the bread rise.

I really enjoyed this lesson and making up the song chop chop chop chop chop the cheese.

Dear Mr Harris,
    I think Mrs Carney and m
    Miss Dempsey should have a pay rise as they have taught me loads of new thing!

2. Maisie says:

Yeast eats the sugar in the bread and burpes it out . Gluten trappes the carbon dioxide and it will make it rise. I really enjoyed this lesson today and it was fun. I especially loved my song chop chop chop chop chop the cheese. P.s I think Mrs carney and Miss Dempsey should have a pay rise Mr Harris for all the good work they have done in cooking.

3. Jess says:

gluten makes a network so the carbon dioxide .the carbon dioxide burps .You need flour and yeast to make the bread rise. I really enjoyed the lesson we made a song : chop the cheese chop the cheese chop chop the cheese

P.s Mr Harris you should give Mrs Carney and Miss Dempsy for all their hard work

4. Charlie mi says:

Gluten are little spirals that when you need them in the bread they expand thinly and make a crossover cage to not let the yeast berps out.

Yeast are little microbes known as fungi that in our cooking eat all the sugar and berp to blow up the bread.

I really enjoyed this cooking lesson can’t wait to eat the bread and I’ve learned something new.