Farsley Farfield Food and Cooking Blog

Learning to cook healthy and seasonal food

6W Group 2

Thursday 5th February | 10 comments
0

Great bread baking.

10 responses to “6W Group 2”

1. Kelsie says:

You have to knead the bread because it creates a gluten network so that the yeast doesn’t escape!!!!!!
    Today I learnt that yeast is imortant when making bread because it creates the little bubbles.

2. Jack says:

The yeast digests the sugar and burps out the Carbon Dioxide.
    I enjoyed this lesson because I like getting sticky and I was HUNGRY.

3. Matthew says:

I like cooking because I like kneeling . The yeast wich is minorol wich are microbes eat the sugar and burp out carbon dioxide wich makes IT rise.

4. Niamh says:

Today in cooking I learnt a lot about bread. The bread needs sugar so that the yeast can eat it. Then the yeast burps it out as carbon dioxide, this makes the bread have bubbles. This is good because it makes the bread light and fluffy. I really enjoyed this session because I just like cooking.

5. Beth says:

Today in cooking I learnt how to make bread. I really enjoyed learning what the yeast does to the bread .The yeast eats the sugar and then burps the carbon dioxide . You need water to make the yeast active. I really enjoyed cooking because I liked learning what happens to the bread when you add the ingredients.

6. Vicky says:

Today’s cooking was great we made cheese and herb bread, the main ingredient was flour and yeast, to make the bread rise is carbon dioxide. I learnt minicuels are in the yeast but the good kind. I enjoyed cooking because you got to learn how to make bread and how you make Ghe bread rise. My favourite part is putting the cheese in the bread and putting them in the oven. Cooking fun.
    Bye Vicky

7. Pranav says:

I liked cooked today because we learned some new things like the microbes burp out the carbon dioxide after eating the sugar and if you put your bread on top of your oven it proves the gluten makes a gluten network it is yummy.

8. Pavan says:

Today I learnt how to make bread.
    The yeast we used in it is a type of fungi which helps the bread rise because it eats the sugar then starts to burp out carbon dioxide.
    When you knead the bread you create gluten which expands as you knead it more.
    Cooking is fun!!

9. Reece says:

Today I learned to make breed.